Thursday, May 04, 2006

LOVER'S LAMENT

LOVER'S LAMENT

This is the Lover’s Lament,
Not any poet’s monotonous comment.
From murky depths of depression to ecstasy,
Stark realism masked by milky fantasy.

I was a happy single,
Enjoying life’s innocent giggle.
Oh! What’s with this Love?
Love! It’s the Satan’s Sin.

There she was at the matchmaker’s inn,
An amazingly gorgeous Siren,
She would be any lover’s pride,
Seeing her even the angels deserved to hide.

I was stuck by the thunderous lightening,
Even the thought of it seems so very frightening.
She stole away my heart,
My most sensuous part.

Not heeding to my friend’s objection,
Leaving behind the fear of rejection,
I went to propose,
Hoping against hope she wouldn’t oppose.

On Gia’s lap there’s a heaven,
Aptly named seventy seven.
I was on cloud number nine,
The day she said she’d be mine,
Mine forever.

Forever too has an end,
With tears I had to send,
My sweetheart;
She seems so near,
Yet she’s so very far.

A lady’s subliminal mind,
Reasoning nowhere to find,
Just her seed of dubious doubt,
Left me distraught.

My vendetta on this blunder,
In the tender heart there’s a splinter,
For having failed to agree,
On the Lover’s decree.

Demons rising from the scorching hell,
Extinguishing the bliss’ candle.
Vengeance is mine, so I begin
Unleashing the ferocious beast within.

Now I’m calm in this turbulent storm,
A child’s cute love feels so very warm.
Is this my delusion?
Or is it the life’s big illusion.

Why does this happen to me?
Is it my damn fate?
My only Love,
Will be my only Hate!

Love is but just a dream,
Never the life’s rosy cream.
Yet till the breath lasts,
Just that is enough.

Why do I even persist?
One fine day this too shall cease to exist.
An unmarked grave,
Buries away the human’s last crave.

At a grave long forgotten,
A past never even spoken,
The masses try to recap,
Seeing the tombstone’s epitaph:
"He LOVED!

Till he LIVED
"

- T. S. Sudarshan. [May 2006]

No comments: