Thursday, May 04, 2006

An Innocent Dream


An Innocent Dream

You are afraid,
afraid to get hurt.
No trust in Love,
The Love in thee.

Let bygones be bygones.
Such things shouldn't beset you ever.
Strange are the ways of heart yonder,
Breakth to yoke, a real wonder.

I believed not in Love,
Love? Hah! Just some nonsense.
Funny a thing like this should happen to me,
a Cupid's arrow to hit me, to hit me hard and glee.

Oh, My God!

The more I tried to forget,
the more strength it gained.
Not knowing what to do to not regret,
that weakness, it greatly pained.

You are fine the way you are,
and I'll Love you just the way you are.
You don't have to change a thing,
for I ask nothing more than your Love & glee.
Oh! The irony, this better not hurt thee.

I don't promise a thing.
A thing as eternal glee exists not.
At times there shall be sadness, ups & downs to accept.
And there shall be no madness, when I say:
" Joy and sorrow go hand in hand,
And United we shall stand."

Guided by the lonely voice within,
A wanderer's soft voice speakth out loud,
"If I don't ask you now, when it is young,
I shall regret, life long."

Just close your Beautiful eyes.
Away from the world as cold as Ice,
and ask within:
"A Lover or a Friend?"

A choice, yours to make...
A voice; let it not break.
You deserve only the best
And I' am better best than the rest.

You need time?
The time shall wait...
Just a few days of meaningful life is worth more thence,
than decades of meaningless existence.

I know it takes more than just being nice.
But I' am left with no other choice,
except to ask you one last time:
"Will you be mine?"
Mine Forever!

- T. S. Sudarshan [May 2006]

No comments: