Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Lonely Spirit

Lonely Spirit

I've been that lonely leaf,
Getting blown away by the lofty breeze,
Will the leaf have any choice?
Except to follow the only voice!

I've been quenched of my thirst,
Like dewdrops at the morning's first,
Upon the lonely cactus of the desert,
For it surely seems like a lovely dessert!

I've been like that lonely fruit upon a tree,
What would the fruit do when the tree sets it free?
Except to plummet straight to the ground,
Sowing seeds for another generation to come around!

I've been that lonely bird in the sky,
What would the bird do in the flock flying high?
With the tired feathery wings needing rest,
The bird will surely return to its cozy nest!

I've been that lonely lantern of the dark night,
Guiding all to safety with my light of sight,
The lantern cannot be selfish to not give,
As sharing its nature is the way for it to live!

I've been like many of these lonely souls,
Doing what had to be done in my many roles,
But as long as my Spirit is pure, wild & free,
I believe I have nothing at all to worry!!!

- T. S. Sudarshan. [02 August 2010]

No comments: