Thursday, November 08, 2007

Companionship...

Angel & Devil, in every self they stand,
Waging a war daily till the very end.
Love & Hate, their allies in this territory,
In whose favour will there be a victory?

Would anyone care for this outcome?
Angelic Love or Satanic Hate,
Stronger one among them will shine,
Milky white or Ebony black?

A day in time, she came by my side.
Her companions too walked alongside.
Their war was more savage than my own,
To befriend them would anyone frown?

At Love's behest I chose to befriend,
She and her companions as well.
For a moment the devil was silenced by an angel,
Naive reasons I do not want to find.

A relationship set sail to conquer unfathomable dreams,
Honesty, Compromise and a will to Understand,
Were its Oars, Sails and the Mast.
But the bridge of trust collapsed unable to withstand
Steadfast churnings of the life, at last.
Now Devil laughs with the hurt and an Angel screams.

I risked everything that I had,
Even willing to get destroyed in Love.
A Love that was once a dream,
Then appeared to look real,
Later seemed like an illusion,
But in reality it never did exist!

Past went by and a Future lies in wait,
Destiny's date or mockery of Fate?
A decision to be myself has been made,
She was once mine,
And now NO MORE!!!

[ T S Sudarshan, 04 Nov 2007 ]

No comments: