Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Amnesiac...

With no Self-Identity I open my eyes,
Who am I and what's this place?
The various faces that surround me,
By what shall I call you?
Are you my Mother and me your darling child?
Are you the one who must have held me by your gentle hands, and showed me the way to walk on my own?
Are you the same angel who must have hugged me out of pristine love, the warmth of which to this day holds me safe?
Are you my Father and me your son?
Are you the one who must have taught me through your vast wisdom, to lead my life - humble and strong?
Are you my Lover and me your beloved?
Are you the one who must have understood me with your unending patience?
Are you the damsel with whom I must have taken an oath, that no force is strong enough to do us apart?
Are you my Friend and me yours?
Are you the one with whom I must have played the many games and shared everything under the sun?
Are you to me what you say you are?
Darling Child, Son, Lover, Friend, Brother and many more...
If that be true, then forgive me please,
Helpless I am, unable to recall any of these.
I just know about a moment of intense pain,
Not a thing before that and nothing thereafter.
With gratitude I thank the hand that holds me now,
Someday soon I will be able to remember it all too.

- T S Sudarshan [ 10 March 2007 ]

No comments: